Andrew R. McLetchie
Andrew R. McLetchie is a partner with Fowler | Schimberg | Flanagan | McLetchie, P.C. Andy joined the firm in 2003 after completing a clerkship with the Hon. Jack W. Berryhill in the Jefferson County District Court. Andy is dedicated to representing his clients aggressively, ethically, and professionally. Andy works with his clients to identify their goals at the outset of each case and implement the most cost effective legal strategy to achieve those goals. In addition to trying cases throughout Colorado, Andy arbitrates construction cases under AAA Construction Industry Rules.
After growing up in New Hampshire, Andy married a native Coloradan and moved to Colorado. Andy lives in Golden where he enjoys spending time with his family, coaching his two young boys tee-ball and baseball teams. He also enjoys golfing, skiing, and rooting for the Red Sox as well as the Patriots.
- First National Bank of Durango v. Lyons, 349 P.3d 1161 (Colo. App. 2015)
- Tarco, Inc. v. Conifer Metropolitan District, 316 P.3d 82 (Colo. App. 2013)
- Stanton v. Schultz, 222 P.3d 303 (Colo. 2010)
- Meek v. Zurich North American Ins. Co., 704 F.Supp.2d 1069 (D. Colo. 2010)
- Zinna v. Cook, 2010 WL 3604386 (D. Colo. September 7, 2010)
- Schultz v. Stanton et. al., ___ P.3d ____, 2008 Colo. App. LEXIS 979 (Colo. App. June 28, 2008), cert. granted
- Dougherty v. Home Depot, U.S.A., Inc., 2007 U.S. Dist. LEXIS 72779 (D. Colo. 2007)
- Howard v. County of Las Animas, 212 Fed. Appx. 711 (10th Cir. 2006)
- Brooks v. Supervalu, Inc., 189 Fed. Appx. 818 (10th Cir. 2006)
- As a law student, drafted defendant’s winning brief in Coyle v. Battles, 78 A.2d 902 (NH 2001)
- Professional Liability
- Personal Injury
- Governmental Entity/Section 1983 Defense
- Hofstra University School of Law, J.D., 2002
- Colby College, B.A., Government and History, 1999
- United States District Court for the District of Colorado
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Illinois
- United States Court of Appeals for the Tenth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
- “What Is In Your Lawyers Professional Liability Policy, Why It Matters, and Why You Should Ask About It,” CLE luncheon presented with Christopher M. Buckman to the 1st JD Bar Association on November 19, 2015.
- “Legal Malpractice: Claims and Coverage Issues Facing Insurance Defense Counsel,” CLE through CDLA, Denver, Colorado, February 27, 2014.
- “Agency Professionalism: Risks & Exposures,” presentation for Moody Insurance Agency, Inc., May 7, 2014.
- “The Impact of Current Colorado Legal Issues on Commercial Trucking Companies,” presentation for the Shamrock Foods Leadership Conference, April 12, 2013.
- “Pre-Litigation and Litigation Strategies for the Satellite Broadcasting Industry: Making Lawsuits Less Painful,” Risk and Safety Meeting for the Satellite Broadcasting & Communications Association, Denver, Colorado, October 24, 2012.
- “Preparing for Your Deposition,” Professional Independent Insurance Adjusters, Beaver Creek, Colorado, September 23, 2010.
- “Preventing Legal Malpractice,” Montrose County Inn of Court, January 13, 2010.
- “Loss Control Seminar,” Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado, March 17, 2009, January 28, 2009, Denver and Longmont, Colorado.
- “Preventing Errors and Omissions,” Professional Independent Insurance Agents of Colorado, October 9-10, 2008, Denver and Grand Junction, Colorado.
- New Lawyers “Break Out Session,” Colorado Defense Lawyers Annual Conference, Summer 2008, Vail, Colorado.
- “The ABCs of Depositions,” Colorado Defense Lawyers’ Association New Lawyers’ Roundtable CLE, September 26, 2007, Denver, Colorado.
- “Ethics and the Young Lawyer,” Colorado Defense Lawyers’ Association Annual Meeting, Summer 2007, Snowmass, Colorado.
- Colorado’s New Rule On Mandatory Professional Liability Insurance Disclosure, 38 Colorado Lawyer 69 (February 2009)
- American, Colorado, Denver, and First Judicial District (Board of Directors 2014- ) Bar Associations
- Marsh Inn of Court (2012- ) (Assistant Treasurer and Executive Committee, 2013-14)
- Colorado Defense Lawyers Association (Chair, New Lawyer’s Division 2007-2008)
- Colorado Bar Association Lawyer’s Professional Liability Committee
- Colorado Bar Association Legal Fee Arbitration Committee (Hearing Officer)
- Fellow, Colorado Bar Foundation
- Defense Research Institute
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Martindale-Hubbel Rating – AV Preeminent
- Selected to the Super Lawyers Rising Stars List, 2012 – Present